IN HER SHOES: Ady Leon25 septiembre, 2019
The Store Next Door25 septiembre, 2019
Cleaning out your closet can be a daunting task, to say the least. Even for experts like us! The truth is, whether it’s hard or not, reviewing and editing your closet regularly makes a world of difference when getting dressed and can save you precious time, money and headaches. In other words, closet clean-outs are a MUST to live a happier, clutter-free life.
So, let’s get to it! To help you along with this necessary job, we’ve compiled a list of our easy and basic steps so you can follow along:
Stage 1: Get Ready
- Make sure you allocate enough time (at least 2 hours) so you’re not rushing through it. Focus on the task at hand is best.
- Be ready to try on everything. This is a MUST for knowing what to keep and what to let go. You should know how everything in your closet fits you in order to be able to use it.
- Create piles for: ‘Maybe’ and ‘Toss’
Stage 2: GO!
- Review every piece of clothing one by one and try them on. Consider your clothes as though they were NEW items that you were going to buy.
- Ask yourself the following questions: Is this in good condition? Does this fit properly? Am I happy wearing this? Have I worn it in the last 12 months? Anything that doesn’t answer ALL of these questions with a YES, goes into the ‘maybe’ or ‘toss’ piles.
Stage 3: Sorting your Piles
- Go through your ‘maybe’ pile and ask yourself these questions: can this be cleaned, altered or mended? If not, it is time to let this item go.
- Go through the items in your ‘toss’ pile and decide if they need to be sold, donated or recycled.
Now that you’ve gone through your wardrobe and can clearly see what you own and how everything fits you, you’ll be surprised at how easily you come up with different outfits that make you feel your best every day.
…Or you can always just hire us “pros” to help you navigate the process!